[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Printing

Printing

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

Printing

Postby RMStrig » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:19 pm

When I try to "Print Current Map (File>Print current map) I get the message "Printer is not currently printing" The program will also NOT print a mural (Same message)

Additionally when I print out the Trip Summary, The route signs (i.e.: state 33) is so large it obscures part of the directions.

Device info is
Printer=Epson Stylus CX9400FAX Series, size=3876X2976, Hres=360, Vres=360, Brushes=1, Pens=83886075, Colors=16777215, Raster=28313, Bitbit=True
Bit64=True, Scaling=false, Stretch=True, StretchDIB=Printer supported

Further, when I add a park to the trip, I do not get the "Recalculate" message. I need to do the entire "Get directions again taking up a whole lot of time.

Operating system is Vista Ultimate (32bit) Fully updated and current.
TLDC is fully updated and current. (Build 11.00.00.87)

Any help would be appreciated as I have submitted this to "SUPPORT" and have not gotten an answer.
Thanks
RMStrig
New User
New User

Re: Printing

Postby xavier » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:38 pm

They used to be a lot better about responding to customers :-(
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby CraigWY » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:28 am

I can't speak when it comes to responses about this product, but I have been using their development SDKs for years and they have been very responsive to any question *I* have asked. I guess it's all in the definition of the word "responsive" :-) I'll give you an example. We (our company) also uses a numbed of development tools from Microsoft and other companies. When we submit a tech support request to Microsoft, responsive means we'll get an acknowledgment within 48 hours and a tech response/resolution within 1-2 weeks. If we submit a tech support request to Undertow, we usually get a response and resolution within a day, or, depending on the complexity, within a couple of days. I guess in this age of "immediacy" if responsive to you means "within minutes", that doesn't cut it. But, as a developer myself, I know that when I ask them questions (depending on the complexity of the issue), they may have to spend hours simply tracing through their code to track down the problem and then fix it. And, I also know that I am probably not the only one asking questions, so 1-2 days to get an answer is NOT unresponsive" to me.

Just my two cents. Now, Ill crawl back to the their SDK forum :-)

BTW, I am not an RVer, but as I am approaching retirement age, I am seriously thinking about it. May be not full time, but it would be nice to drive around and see this country, something I've been too busy with work to do all these years. If I go for it, you'll see me in this forum more often, asking all sorts of questions :-)
CraigWY
Casual User
Casual User

Postby Kevin_T » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:20 pm

RMStrig, have you made sure you are using the latest Epson Drivers? Asking simply because that seems to be a fairly common reason for printing failures. I am surprised undertow is taking this long to respond to you, but it could be that the fix to address this is tricky. Have you tried pinging them again?
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Postby RMStrig » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:54 pm

I have received a reply from tech support. We are currently working through testing the patch.
Insofar as the response time (addressed above) having worked in a customer oriented government controlled industry, my expectations are as follows. I expect an acknowledgment that the problem is being looked at (not a solution arrived at) after 12 hours. I'll accept 24. But when it gets to be greater than 48, there is a problem. In this case there was. Apparently my message was filtered out. Had I not followed up with a call. I would still be in limbo. After speaking with support, the assistance was immediate. and that's good.
RMStrig
New User
New User

Postby artmart » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:51 pm

The drawback to some vendors wanting to meet the need of responding to customer issues, what I call a false sense of reply. Some companies use the metric of an autoreply to your email to claim they respond quickly to an issue.

The company I worked for started doing this and then since I was in charge of Tech Support at the time I fought all the reports on this nonsense. I continued to measure my technician's response time per THEIR responses, not the auto email that just replied to the customer within the first day. Just letting you know I am aware of the ways of tech support (and engineering design, and testing and businesses like these) not because I know-it-all but because of experience.

I pride myself that I give a darn and expect others worked for me or with me to have the same discipline.

It takes all kinds, but it makes the world better as we all strive for continual improvement. It takes teamwork. Customers and vendors!

So far I like the way UnderTow operates. This forum is helping us (and them) a lot and therefore I am happy with the product and know it will continue to improve.

Trip Planning, here I come.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby Kevin_T » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:07 am

RMStrig, why was your message filtered out, what do you mean?

I don't know about others here, but I haven't seen the response you are expecting, from any of major software companies! For example, we all know that Windows (all versions) is riddled with problems. Have you ever emailed Microsoft? How quickly did you get a confirmation and how quickly did you get a resolution? If you got either of these, then you fared much better than me. I can't get to email anyone at Microsoft and get a response unless I pay for support! We are users of QuickBooks Pro for the last 10+ years - good customers. After the 30-day, basic support period, I can report problems, but I do not get any confirmation or resolution within *ANY* reasonable time period. I can go on and on for many *major* companies. Is *my* experience really so unique?
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)