[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Version for Tablet?

Version for Tablet?

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

Version for Tablet?

Postby Alexguv » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:08 pm

Is there a version of the program available for the tablets? That's what everyone seems to be moving to.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan
Alexguv
Active User
Active User

Re: Version for Tablet?

Postby artmart » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:43 pm

The tablet is a different operating system, and unless the tablet has a FULL Windows emulator, the market might be too small to incur the cost of converting the software to a tablet's OS starting with some version of Apple operating system. Please consider that the Tablet might be using a different version of Apple's operating system, too.

There has been some success with others who are running their PC or laptop running Linux with this program but required available bits of software that turns the Linux system to add a Windows emulator to run TLDCN. Maybe the tablet will add a Windows emulator?

I'm not sure I agree your statement that everyone is moving towards a tablet anymore than a Windows emulator will be added to the tablet. There are plenty of us how might ADD a tablet to our communications tool chest, but there will be far more that stick with a PC or laptop running Windows which is right where Undertow and Trailer Life's niche currently exist and keep these as separate tools. I'm sure one of these days they may add this support but for now it seems the revenue stream versus the cost of development aren't there yet.

I recommend you contact Trailer Life and ask for this capability. If enough people start to ask, then something might be done but this will not be an overnight addition. I'm guessing there would be a significant development cycle to add any other operating system support. Then UnderTow would have to consider if they can support another version of the same program.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Re: Version for Tablet?

Postby Alexguv » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:25 pm

I did contact them. The went on and on about their iphone/ipad app that's already available. I tried to explain to them that the app they are talking about is a great quick finder for Campgrounds, but it's not a trip planner, but they wouldn't listen to me. When I finally was able to ask them the DVD product, but for a tablet, they said, not in the foreseeable future :-(
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan
Alexguv
Active User
Active User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)